due diligence: noun

1. the care that a reasonable person exercises under the circumstances to avoid harm to other persons or their property

2. research and analysis of a company or organization done in preparation for a business transaction
(definition from Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary)

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Have you done your due diligence?

I was introduced to this phrase earlier this year; and for some reason, I have found it to be a source of entertainment, especially when it is used in day to day conversation.

More people do their due diligence than you would expect!

For example, let's say you are considering buying a car. You begin to see that car everywhere you go. You are primed to observe that car, if it is anywhere in your vicinity. "Due diligence" has been like this to me. I can have a conversation with anybody, and somehow...at least once a week or two...someone will use the phrase "due diligence" in normal conversation!

RANDOM!

So...this blog will consist of reports or microbloggs about random, daily experiences I or my friends have...

I profess to you to try to do my due diligence in reporting the random!

If you feel the need to do your due diligence, please comment about your random experience of the day!

Let's have fun doing our due diligence together!

T-shirts coming soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment